Subtly sweet, crunchy peanut butter granola bars. 120 calories. | realfoodmommd.com
3 tablespoons oat flour (store bought or made by grinding 3-4 tablespoons oats in the food processor)
1¼ cups old fashioned oats
½ cup unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
¼ cup puffed rice cereal
¼ teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
¼ cup + ½ tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons peanut butter – divided
¾ teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350º. Line a 9×9 square pan with parchment paper in both directions.
2. Using a food processor, grind 3-4 tablespoons of old fashioned oats to make oat flour. Alternatively, use store bought oat flour.
3. In a large mixing bowl, mix 3 tablespoons of oat flour with 1¼ cups old fashioned oats, the peanuts, puffed rice cereal, baking soda and salt.
4. Using a microwave safe measuring cup, measure ¼ cup of honey and heat in the microwave until just warm, about 15 seconds. Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the honey and stir until smooth, then add the vanilla.
5. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and transfer to the pan. Spread into a thin layer and press down firmly. A little olive oil sprayed on your fingers is helpful.
6. Bake for 14-16 minutes, until the edges begin to brown.
7. Cool for 2-3 minutes, then remove the bars from the pan using the parchment paper. If the bars are cool enough to handle, use a very sharp knife and cut straight down (do not use a sawing motion) into individual servings and let cool completely.
8. In a microwave safe measuring cup, add ½ tablespoon honey and 1 tablespoon coconut oil. Heat in the microwave until just warmed and the coconut oil is liquid, 15-20 seconds. Add 1 tablespoon peanut butter and stir until smooth. Immediately drizzle onto the granola bars.
9. Place in the refrigerator until the drizzle hardens.
10. Store refrigerated in an air-tight container.